The Holy Grail

Well, I've finally managed it, I've finally got my hands on a PS3, which makes me a multi-consolist or something.

I'll be honest, my 360 is going to remain my go-to system, but I'm enjoying the games on the PS3. What I'm not enjoying, is the PS3 itself. The XMB does have a certain minimalist charm, but it's all so po-faced that it takes a bit of the fun out of it.

Not only that, but the idea of installing demos still doesn't sit right with me. Take the Heavenly Sword demo. It's about a gig in size and is literally ten minutes long. What the hell am I installing? I could understand it if I was playing the game from a disc, but on a demo I've downloaded, and especially one that is so short? I am positively baffled.

It's all well and good Sony making a lot of noise about how you have to pay extra for a hard drive on the 360, but I would counter that argument with the idea that there are no games on the Xbox that you can't play without a hard drive. It's disingenuous to claim that it's a luxury when it's clearly a necessity.

0 comments :: The Holy Grail